This is Kington Choral Society
- We are based in the small market town of Kington, Herefordshire in the Welsh Borders.
- We are a group of around 60 people with widely differing musical skills and experience who enjoy choral singing.
- We sing a variety of choral works and give several public performances each year.
- We rehearse most Monday evenings in Kingswood Hall with extra rehearsals before concerts.
- Our concerts take place in St Mary’s Church, Kington.
- Members are not auditioned, but continuing membership depends upon commitment, co-operation and enthusiasm.
- Our Music Director is Robert Evans, whose first concert with us was the wonderful Christmas Oratorio in November 2016. Robert is an established soloist and consort singer performing with The Sixteen, The Cardinalls Musick, Alamire, Tenebrae, The Kings Consort, and The Gabrieli Consort.
Our next events:
What’s happening …
- Hopefully you have already bought your ticket for Saturday’s Concert. If not you can still purchase tickets on the door for £12. It promises to be a really good evening. If you fancy a sing yourself but can’t commit to weekly choir attendence make sure you have our next ‘Come & Sing’ in your diary - all singers welcome on Saturday 10th March when our MD Robert Evans will be leading the workshop in Presteigne Assembly Rooms. Selected spirituals from Tippett’s Child of Our Time plus Stanford Motets. Numbers are restricted so watch for more booking details nearer the date.
Robert Evans, our MD, recently took part in the world premiere of James MacMillan’s “powerful and haunting new choral work” (The Guardian), Stabat Mater, with Harry Christophers’ The Sixteen and the Britten Sinfonia. Read more …