This is Kington Choral Society
- We are based in the small market town of Kington, Herefordshire in the Welsh Borders.
- We are a group of around 60 people with widely differing musical skills and experience who enjoy choral singing.
- We sing a variety of choral works and give several public performances each year.
- We rehearse most Monday evenings in Kingswood Hall with extra rehearsals before concerts.
- Our concerts take place in St Mary’s Church, Kington.
- Members are not auditioned, but continuing membership depends upon commitment, co-operation and enthusiasm.
- Our Music Director is Robert Evans, whose first concert with us was the wonderful Christmas Oratorio in November 2016. Robert is an established soloist and consort singer performing with The Sixteen, The Cardinalls Musick, Alamire, Tenebrae, The Kings Consort, and The Gabrieli Consort.
Our next events:
What’s happening …
- We are well into rehearsals for our November concert with yet more new members. We surely now have one of the strongest tenor sections in the country. We are also updating our on-line ticket purchasing to make it easier for you to ensure a place at our concerts. Meanwhile do join us at the Titley Hall quiz, it promises to be an enjoyable evening. Further ahead, all singers welcome when our MD Robert Evans will be leading a workshop on Saturday March 10th 2018 in Presteigne Assembly Rooms. We will study selected spirituals from Tippet’s Child of Our Time plus Stamford Motets. Numbers are restricted so watch for more booking details nearer the date.
Robert Evans, our MD, recently took part in the world premiere of James MacMillan’s “powerful and haunting new choral work” (The Guardian), Stabat Mater, with Harry Christophers’ The Sixteen and the Britten Sinfonia. Read more …