This is Kington Choral Society
- We are based in the small market town of Kington, Herefordshire in the Welsh Borders.
- We are a group of around 60 people with widely differing musical skills and experience who enjoy choral singing.
- We sing a variety of choral works and give several public performances each year.
- We rehearse most Monday evenings in Kingswood Hall with extra rehearsals before concerts.
- Our concerts take place in St Mary’s Church, Kington, or St Andrew’s Church, Presteigne.
- Members are not auditioned, but continuing membership depends upon commitment, co-operation and enthusiasm.
- Our Music Director is Robert Evans, whose first concert with us was the wonderful Christmas Oratorio in November 2016. Robert is an established soloist and consort singer performing with The Sixteen, The Cardinalls Musick, Alamire, Tenebrae, The Kings Consort, and The Gabrieli Consort.
Our next events:
What’s happening …
- We are working well towards our November concert with membership grown to a strong choir of 70. We are delighted that our friend Jeremy Budd will be joining us once again for the evening, along with another member of The Sixteen - Edward McMullan, and guest soloists- detailed left. As well as the Mozart and Charpentier there will be two Bruckner motets and an organ piece performed by Hilary Norris. All for £12 if you book early! Meanwhile save the date for our ’Come & Sing’ Mozart Requiem day led by Robert Evans, March 23rd 2019 at Weobley Village Hall. Looking further ahead, Monteverdi Vespers, June 1st 2019 in St.Andrews Presteigne supported by an Early Music Band!
Robert Evans, our MD, recently took part in the world premiere of James MacMillan’s “powerful and haunting new choral work” (The Guardian), Stabat Mater, with Harry Christophers’ The Sixteen and the Britten Sinfonia. Read more …