This is Kington Choral Society
- We are based in the small market town of Kington, Herefordshire in the Welsh Borders.
- We are a group of around 60 people with widely differing musical skills and experience who enjoy choral singing.
- We sing a variety of choral works and give several public performances each year.
- We rehearse most Monday evenings in Kingswood Hall with extra rehearsals before concerts.
- Our concerts take place in St Mary’s Church, Kington, or St Andrew’s Church, Presteigne.
- Members are not auditioned, but continuing membership depends upon commitment, co-operation and enthusiasm.
- Our Music Director is Robert Evans, whose first concert with us was the wonderful Christmas Oratorio in November 2016. Robert is an established soloist and consort singer performing with The Sixteen, The Cardinalls Musick, Alamire, Tenebrae, The Kings Consort, and The Gabrieli Consort.
Masterclass with Julie Cooper
Sunday 15 July 2018 at 2.30pm
£7.50, inc refreshments
Following the spell-binding appearance of this internationally acclaimed soprano in Bach’s St John Passion in May we are thrilled to welcome Julie back to Presteigne. Watch while she instructs selected aspiring local singers, including KCS bursary student Serena Jopson, then chat with Julie over tea and cake.