This is Kington Choral Society
- We are based in the small market town of Kington, Herefordshire in the Welsh Borders.
- We are a group of around 60 people with widely differing musical skills and experience who enjoy choral singing.
- We sing a variety of choral works and give several public performances each year.
- We rehearse most Monday evenings in Titley Village Hall with extra rehearsals before concerts.
- Our concerts take place in St Mary’s Church, Kington, or St Andrew’s Church, Presteigne.
- Members are not auditioned, but continuing membership depends upon commitment, co-operation and enthusiasm.
- Our Music Director is Robert Evans, whose first concert with us was the wonderful Christmas Oratorio in November 2016. Robert is an established soloist and consort singer performing with The Sixteen, The Cardinall’s Musick, Alamire, Tenebrae, The King’s Consort, and The Gabrieli Consort.
Our next events:
What’s happening …
- Monteverdi’s Vespers. Save the date, June 1st in St. Andrew’s Presteigne, with soloists from Genesis Sixteen, supported by the early music band, ‘Canzona’ and our friend Hilary Norris continuo. Rehearsals are going well and it promises to be rewarding both for us and our audience. Still time to join us for our ’Come and Sing’ Mozart Requiem day at Weobley Village Hall. This is your chance to sing your heart out for a day! Our esteemed MD, Robert Evans, will lead. We have a good range of voices already registered but the hall is large and some places remaining with scores available on the door.
Robert Evans, our MD, recently took part in the world premiere of James MacMillan’s “powerful and haunting new choral work” (The Guardian), Stabat Mater, with Harry Christophers’ The Sixteen and the Britten Sinfonia. Read more …