This is Kington Choral Society
- We are based in the small market town of Kington, Herefordshire in the Welsh Borders.
- We are a group of around 60 people with widely differing musical skills and experience who enjoy choral singing.
- We sing a variety of choral works and give several public performances each year.
- We rehearse most Monday evenings in Kingswood Hall with extra rehearsals before concerts.
- Our concerts take place in St Mary’s Church, Kington.
- Members are not auditioned, but continuing membership depends upon commitment, co-operation and enthusiasm.
- Our Music Director is Robert Evans, whose first concert with us was the wonderful Christmas Oratorio in November 2016. Robert is an established soloist and consort singer performing with The Sixteen, The Cardinalls Musick, Alamire, Tenebrae, The Kings Consort, and The Gabrieli Consort.
Our next events:
What’s happening …
- What a rewarding day we had when over 100 folk filled St. Andrew’s church Bredwardine for ’Gloria Day’. Robert Evans guided us expertly through Haydn and Vivaldi works with infectious enthusiasm. One participant’s comments sum it up. "I just wanted to say thanks for an absolutely fabulous day yesterday. You have a real gem in Robert, who jollied it all along very well whilst working in some seriously good tips, so it was a proper ‘workshop’, more than just a day of singing. We left feeling very satisfied and uplifted. Like your concerts, there is a great sense of friendship and camaraderie that it would be great to bottle and sell!" (Don’t miss our May concert!)
Robert Evans, our MD, recently took part in the world premiere of James MacMillan’s “powerful and haunting new choral work” (The Guardian), Stabat Mater, with Harry Christophers’ The Sixteen and the Britten Sinfonia. Read more …