This is Kington Choral Society
- We are based in the small market town of Kington, Herefordshire in the Welsh Borders.
- We are a group of around 60 people with widely differing musical skills and experience who enjoy choral singing.
- We sing a variety of choral works and give several public performances each year.
- We rehearse most Monday evenings in Kingswood Hall with extra rehearsals before concerts.
- Our concerts take place in St Mary’s Church, Kington.
- Members are not auditioned, but continuing membership depends upon commitment, co-operation and enthusiasm.
- With many thanks to James Davies for guiding us to a very successful May 2016 concert [review], we are pleased to annouce the appointment of Robert Evans as our new Music Director.
Our next events:
What’s happening …
- We are now progressing nicely with the last three parts of Bach’s wonderful Christmas Oratorio, (plus a couple of other choruses). Our concert is now weeks away so make the most of our early bird discount tickets. We are thoroughly enjoying the leadership of our new MD Robert Evans who has lined up some wonderful soloists for the occasion. Don’t miss out! Meanwhile you can read the review of our May concert on these pages - see box on left for link. We look forward to seeing you next month!
Robert Evans, our MD, recently took part in the world premiere of James MacMillan’s “powerful and haunting new choral work” (The Guardian), Stabat Mater, with Harry Christophers’ The Sixteen and the Britten Sinfonia. Read more …