This is Kington Choral Society
- We are based in the small market town of Kington, Herefordshire in the Welsh Borders.
- We are a group of around 60 people with widely differing musical skills and experience who enjoy choral singing.
- We sing a variety of choral works and give several public performances each year.
- We rehearse most Monday evenings in Kingswood Hall with extra rehearsals before concerts.
- Our concerts take place in St Mary’s Church, Kington.
- Members are not auditioned, but continuing membership depends upon commitment, co-operation and enthusiasm.
- With many thanks to James Davies for guiding us to a very successful May 2016 concert [review], we are pleased to annouce the appointment of Robert Evans as our new Music Director.
Our next events:
What’s happening …
- Forget Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Saturday for Kington Choral Society was Oratorio Glorious! We may be an amateur choir but we are professional enthusiasts inspired by our love of singing. Initial feedback from Robert our MD and soloists and orchestra has been very complimentary. Reviews will appear here once we have recovered from the adrenaline rush and clearing up. Thank you to all who were part of the audience - we were so jam packed we ran out of programmes. Put ’Gloria Day’ - 13th May 2017 in your diary now! See you then!
Robert Evans, our MD, recently took part in the world premiere of James MacMillan’s “powerful and haunting new choral work” (The Guardian), Stabat Mater, with Harry Christophers’ The Sixteen and the Britten Sinfonia. Read more …