This is Kington Choral Society
- We are based in the small market town of Kington, Herefordshire in the Welsh Borders.
- We are a group of around 60 people with widely differing musical skills and experience who enjoy choral singing.
- We sing a variety of choral works and give several public performances each year.
- We rehearse most Monday evenings in Kingswood Hall with extra rehearsals before concerts.
- Our concerts take place in St Mary’s Church, Kington.
- Members are not auditioned, but continuing membership depends upon commitment, co-operation and enthusiasm.
- Our Music Director is Robert Evans, whose first concert with us was the wonderful Christmas Oratorio in November 2016. Robert is an established soloist and consort singer performing with The Sixteen, The Cardinalls Musick, Alamire, Tenebrae, The Kings Consort, and The Gabrieli Consort.
Our next events:
What’s happening …
- Wishing you all a very happy and music filled 2017. We are now starting to sing our way through the works for our May concert so it’s a great time to join us if you would like an adrenaline rush on May 13th! Or maybe you would prefer to sing your heart out at our informal ’Glory of the Voice’ Workshop day -St Andrew’s Church, Bredwardine, March 4th. We will be primarily looking at Vivaldi’s uplifting ’Gloria’ . No previous knowledge of the works needed. Our MD will lead us with expertise and good humour!
Robert Evans, our MD, recently took part in the world premiere of James MacMillan’s “powerful and haunting new choral work” (The Guardian), Stabat Mater, with Harry Christophers’ The Sixteen and the Britten Sinfonia. Read more …