This is Kington Choral Society
- We are based in the small market town of Kington, Herefordshire in the Welsh Borders.
- We are a group of around 60 people with widely differing musical skills and experience who enjoy choral singing.
- We sing a variety of choral works and give several public performances each year.
- We rehearse most Monday evenings in Kingswood Hall with extra rehearsals before concerts.
- Our concerts take place in St Mary’s Church, Kington.
- Members are not auditioned, but continuing membership depends upon commitment, co-operation and enthusiasm.
- Our Music Director is Robert Evans, whose first concert with us was the wonderful Christmas Oratorio in November 2016. Robert is an established soloist and consort singer performing with The Sixteen, The Cardinalls Musick, Alamire, Tenebrae, The Kings Consort, and The Gabrieli Consort.
Our next events:
What’s happening …
- Do you love singing but don’t have time to commit to choir membership? Why not come along to our informal Choral Workshop on Saturday March 4th in St.Andrew’s Bredwardine - (the Kilvert church). Registration from 9.30. Robert Evans will be working us through a selection of Vivaldi’s "Gloria" (relatively well known) and Haydn’s "Insanae et Vanae Curae". He will work on tone production, addressing breathing and posture. Tips on sight reading and performance with a healthy measure of good humour all make for an enjoyable day with a brief performance to end. What better way to spend £12 (+£2 for scores). Book via this website or by phone.
Robert Evans, our MD, recently took part in the world premiere of James MacMillan’s “powerful and haunting new choral work” (The Guardian), Stabat Mater, with Harry Christophers’ The Sixteen and the Britten Sinfonia. Read more …