This is Kington Choral Society
- We are based in the small market town of Kington, Herefordshire in the Welsh Borders.
- We are a group of around 60 people with widely differing musical skills and experience who enjoy choral singing.
- We sing a variety of choral works and give several public performances each year.
- We rehearse most Monday evenings in Titley Village Hall with extra rehearsals before concerts.
- Our concerts take place in St Mary’s Church, Kington, or St Andrew’s Church, Presteigne.
- Members are not auditioned, but continuing membership depends upon commitment, co-operation and enthusiasm.
- Our Music Director is Robert Evans, whose first concert with us was the wonderful Christmas Oratorio in November 2016. Robert is an established soloist and consort singer performing with The Sixteen, The Cardinall’s Musick, Alamire, Tenebrae, The King’s Consort, and The Gabrieli Consort.
Our next events:
What’s happening …
- Tickets now on sale through this website and selected outlets locally. Make the most of the Early Bird price of £12 (£14 on the door). Last spring we sold out for St.John Passion well ahead of concert date so don’t leave it too late! Our six young soloists, variously having sung with Genesis Sixteen, Monteverdi Apprentices and Kings College Cambridge will be joined by our bursary student Serena, your last chance to hear her stunning voice before she embarks on her music degree. Then into next year, for your chance to sing, reserve 26th September 2020 when Bob Chilcott is booked for a KCS workshop; more details soon.
Robert Evans, our MD, recently took part in the world premiere of James MacMillan’s “powerful and haunting new choral work” (The Guardian), Stabat Mater, with Harry Christophers’ The Sixteen and the Britten Sinfonia. Read more …