This is Kington Choral Society
- We are based in the small market town of Kington, Herefordshire in the Welsh Borders.
- We are a group of around 60 people with widely differing musical skills and experience who enjoy choral singing.
- We sing a variety of choral works and give several public performances each year.
- We rehearse most Monday evenings in Kingswood Hall with extra rehearsals before concerts.
- Our concerts take place in St Mary’s Church, Kington, or St Andrew’s Church, Presteigne.
- Members are not auditioned, but continuing membership depends upon commitment, co-operation and enthusiasm.
- Our Music Director is Robert Evans, whose first concert with us was the wonderful Christmas Oratorio in November 2016. Robert is an established soloist and consort singer performing with The Sixteen, The Cardinall’s Musick, Alamire, Tenebrae, The King’s Consort, and The Gabrieli Consort.
Our next events:
What’s happening …
- Despite the dank November evening a couple of hundred people turned out for our uplifting Charpentier and Mozart Concert on 24th. Now its time out to sing carols and relax a little before the end of term. After Christmas we look forward to getting to grips with Monteverdi’s Vespers which promises to be both challenging and rewarding. Before that, why not book a ticket for our ’Come and Sing’ day. More Mozart, this time his well-known Requiem. If you aren’t able to join a regular choir then this is your chance to sing your heart out for a day! Robert Evans will be leading with Aeron Preston accompanying
Robert Evans, our MD, recently took part in the world premiere of James MacMillan’s “powerful and haunting new choral work” (The Guardian), Stabat Mater, with Harry Christophers’ The Sixteen and the Britten Sinfonia. Read more …